Every few months, the genius minds at The Numbered Days bring a new themed event to Chicago and this weekend they’re helping us celebrate the spirit of the Olympics. It may be warmer in Sochi but this Saturday, Chicago will have more Olympics Fun.
This is their 3rd annual loft party and expecting about 450 people. GAMES is an Olympic themed loft party where everything involves hands-on play and a wild combination of party, art, and music.:
- · Opening Ceremony: A marching band ensemble will enter the crowd while everyone takes part in “lighting” the Olympic torch via dispersal of 1,000 lights.
- · Sporty-Judged Photobooth: Prizes (free tickets) for the best Winter Olympic pose – crazy booth setup with Lebooth
- · Live Music: DJ Matt Roan (Studio Paris, Beauty Bar, America’s top local DJ) and Autograf (up-and-coming future house DJ group, over 1 million Soundcloud listens in the last six months)
- · Olympic Village Painting: Giant collaborative paint mural where everyone can illustrate their crew with some instruction from the artists at Bottle & Bottega
- · Closing Ceremony Surprise: All we can say is that it will involve two stilt walkers,12:30am, and 30 giant music activated LED beach balls
When: Feb 15 9pm-2am
Where: Logan Square Auditorium (2539 N. Kedzie Avenue)
Press / Reviews of this event from past year: Redeye, The Huffington Post (The Numbered Days were named as a Best Party of the Year for this event in 2012), Quip Magazine