Verizon’s General Manager Frank DiBetta is settling in Chicago from New Jersey to open up the new and exciting Verizon Destination Store and we were just there this morning for a media sneak peek of their new place before they officially open tomorrow. The store front is still covered up with red curtains but I can almost imagine how the huge monitor behind it will sure to welcome and entice customers in. The 10,000 square-feet of shopping (Escada’s old space) is now the new home to Verizon’s largest store in the country offering the latest in wireless devices and accessories.
“The store design is an experiential retail destination and features unique lifestyle zones where customers can experience products that enhance mobile lifestyles.”
- The hands-on store experience also comes with a Charge-In Concierge! All customers can check-in their mobile phones to get plugged-in safely and tucked away so customers can shop without worry.
- You can also make your own customized mobile phone case and print your favorite shots. You don’t have a picture on your mobile that you like? No worries! They even have a greenroom for you to take your shots in. Your customized cases are available in 45 minutes.
- A space to try out some drones! Yes!
The Verizon Chicago Destination Store features unique customer experiences with tech products by allowing consumers to engage in interactive “mobile lifestyle” zones staffed by specialists. In Chicago, these zones include:
- Amplify It – to get the best sound from your wireless devices
- Get Fit – for tracking healthy habits
- Have Fun – for novel tech gadgets
- Home and On the Go – for home automation
- Anywhere Business – for simplifying life for travelers and small business
- Customize It – for making a style statement for your smartphone accessory
- Power Zone – for finding solutions to make sure you never lose battery power unexpectedly
Chicago native and Academy and GRAMMY Award winning artist, Jennifer Hudson, will be headlining tomorrow’s grand opening event at 11am CST. Head out to 840 N. Michigan Avenue for the promised dramatic unveiling of the store.