I love seafood.
The complex and versatile flavors and textures of lobsters, crabs, shrimps, fishes, and octopus, is something I often crave, but I leave it for someone else to prepare/cook them. I would hate to ruin such delicate ingredients.
So when Eddie V’s Prime Seafood invited Chicagonista to get a full-on dining experience and to check out their newest Autumn menu, I was beyond excited! So, my #ChicagonistaLife Chicago adventure cohort, Nancy Loo, and I were there to check it out.
To start, because Eddie V’s is currently running a Moon Shine Event, a special offering available all evening of handcrafted Prohibition-era style cocktail with a filet mignon teaser for $20, we decided to give that a try. For cocktails, we ordered the “Roaring 20s” inspired The Gatsby Sour & Hope Diamond. The cocktails were lovely and delicious, and the perfectly cooked and paired filet mignon was so savory! By the way, that Moon Shine pricing is a steal, and we even talked about going back again for another round of Moon Shine before it ends on November 24th!
- The Gatsby Sour – Woodford Reserve bourbon, cabernet, fresh lemon, and angostura bitters
- The Bee’s Knees – Plymouth gin, honey, and fresh lemon
- 24 Karat – Belvedere vodka, Grand Marnier, peach liqueur, raspberries, Roederer rosé and topped with a gold sugar rim
- Hope Diamond – Grey Goose vodka, grapefruit liqueur, lemon, butterfly pea flower tea, and a diamond ice cube
- WhistlePig on Large Ice – a 10-year rye whiskey
When it came to ordering our main meal for the evening, we had a tough time selecting what to order because everything sounded exquisitely delicious. The Chilean Bass was our first choice from the menu, but Executive Chef Partner, Jose Gonzalez, suggested that we should try the Misoyaki Butterfish, an Alaskan Black Cod, and we were so pleased we did. We also ordered the Crab Fried Rice and Gnocchi.
The Alaskan Black Cod’s creamy and flaky white flesh and mild sweetness were well-balanced with Sugar Snap Pease, Shiitakes, and Miso Broth. The flavor was unforgettable, and I hope to go back and re-order in the future again.
We also ordered the Crab Fried Rice cooked with mushrooms and asparagus. I’ve had to have it after tasting it at a media event a few weeks before, but I think it tasted even better this time around!
Then we ordered the Gnocchi with shiitake mushroom, asparagus, with sundried tomato pesto. The Gnocchi was our least favorite of all the dishes we tried, but grateful that we had a chance to give it a try.
Some selections include:
- The Big Eddie – King Crab legs, Maine Lobsters, Ahi Tuna Poke, Shrimp (8), Oysters (8) at $120
- The Shellfish Tower – Maine Lobster, Shrimp (6), Oysters (6), Jumbo Lump Crab at $70
- South African Lobster Pot – One pound of roasted South African lobster tails with garlic, heirloom tomatoes, fresh herbs at $89
It was definitely an evening to remember, and even without having enough room to try the desserts, the time spent at Eddie V’s with a good friend was the only sweet end that we needed.
Don’t forget, the Moonshine Event runs until November 24th! The next time you gather with friends, you should head to Eddie V’s. I promise you’re in for an excellent evening.