We are looking for web-savvy interns who will facilitate ongoing web projects and upcoming events. These are unpaid positions but will gain you a lot of experience, exposure, and contacts if you are looking to stay in the online media field.
- Maintain Event Calendar in Chicagonista.com
- Promote events and articles (Chicagonista, Young Chicagonista, and Chicagonista LIVE!) on Twitter and Facebook daily.
- Attend important events with MJ Tam (Chicagonista Editor)
- Develop and maintain contacts with local businesses.
- Once-a-week (in person or phone) meetings with MJ Tam.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, editing and organizational skills.
- Ability to show initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
- MS Office and Google Docs knowledge
- Knowledge of some HTML and CSS is a big plus!
- Familiarity with WORDPRESS is a plus.
- Experience navigating social networking platforms and websites; interest in learning new technologies.
- Blogging experience preferred but not required.
- Graphics experience, including ability to work with Photoshop, helpful.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to mjtam [ at] chicagonista.com
Category: News & Events